The Absolute Truth About Marketing
Thursday, March 09, 2006
  If you want my feedback, pay me!

I recently bought a book through amazon.com from another bookshop in the USA, Elephant Books. Way out here in Australia we use amazon a lot, and the freight usually negates any savings. But they can get anything for you, when the local bookstore idiots claim it's out of print. So I'm a fan of amazon, but I've got to bitch about this "Feedback" request I got. How satisfied was I with the transaction?
Now, they're asking for my time and I charge for my time. If the information is valuable, how valuable is it? Filling out customer satisfaction surveys is a tax on a customer's time. Nice to know they care, but if they really did care they'd offeree me a discount voucher or an entry in a sweepstakes.
But what capped the request off was the message that if I had any problems with the order, stay away from amazon and deal directly with the other bookseller.
SO they ask for a favour then tell me they won't do one for me. Some creep in the Customer Service Department OKed this.
Oh amazon, what a heatbreak old ebookseller you are.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Make a big mistake and you learn the Absolute Truth. Mistakes are the only teachers. Why not rely on other people's mistakes to avoid making your own? Learn marketing secrets, tips, hints, insider information, strategies, tactics, ideas, plans decoded, and more... Search engine marketing, email marketing, Internet marketing will be added soon.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 /


  • Marketing Consultant's Thought of the Day
  • HOW TO BECOME A MARKETING CONSULTANT
  • Online marketing smarts in Sydney
  • Adpulp: great ad site
  • Powered by Blogger

    Add to Google Find Blogs in the Blog Directory
    Search Popdex:

    View My Stats